IT’S A GO!
ROLLING OUT THE ‘NEW NORMAL’
At the beginning of lockdown I was often overheard saying to Ingrid how I was looking forward to the quieter days – time to reflect, think carefully, be creative and find new directions for Thrive and all things skills. Time to read those books I’ve been putting off and explore the Netflix documentaries I find curious.
I’m writing this with a smirk on my face – how naïve I was! Just a few months ago, the world seemed like a very different place. And, although school runs, traffic and, overly long coffee break chats have given way to dishes, fallen leaves, and home-schooling – there just never seems to be enough hours in the day.
Re-adjust we must! The economy is waking from its slumber, Seta doors are starting to open, SDP‘s can re-open, infections are closer to home, and panic has given way to mild inconvenience when yet another store closes for deep cleaning.
And with renewed energy, I’ve never been more committed or enthusiastic to get this show on the road (safely) again. Let’s do this!
Stay safe & warm Thrive Tribe! Yours in skills,
HOT OFF THE PRESS
As received on the 29 June 2020 here are the directions for reopening of institutions offering qualifications registered on the occupational qualifications sub-framework as part of a risk-adjusted strategy for a phased-in return to business which have now been finally been published!
THE SOUTH AFRICAN INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH
THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION & COVID-19
Seta & other Opportunities
MICT SETA SURVEY
FOODBEV SETA SURVEY
The CHIETA Board has made a decision to delay the awarding of the 2020-2021 Discretionary Grant funding window. Click here for information.
THE CITY OF EKURHULENI
Ekurhuleni is offering unemployed youth and graduates experiential training, Internships, work-integrated learning, work readiness programmes, learnerships, and apprenticeships. The closing date is 31 July 2020. To apply, click here.
The Fasset offices will reopen on 1 July 2020 and will be operating on a 33% staff complement as stipulated by Level 3 lockdown requirements. Subscribe to the Fasset newsletter by visiting their website to receive their latest updates.
HARAMBEE COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCE LIBRARY
- Dementia SA – https://www.dementiasa.org/ – for achieving their Services Seta accreditation with #setaninja Belinda Beer;
- Kinga Global for being accredited by Services Seta with our #setaninja, Al Stander;
- People Development Network Enterprises for being accredited by Services Seta with our #setaninja, Al Stander;
- Cape Wine Academy (Pty) Ltd – https://www.capewineacademy.co.za/ – for being accredited by W&RSETA with our #setaninja, Al Stander;
- Sum of 21 – http://sumof21.co.za/ for achieving their MICT Seta accreditation with #setaninja Margaret Barretto;
…so much for your expertise and assistance and especially your patience with us during the application for accreditation process. Your services have been incredibly professional, efficient, and high quality at every point of engagement!
I don’t believe we could have done this without your assistance! I hope to be able to make use of your services again in the near future! I will definitely recommend your services to clients.
Carmen Gunkel – Sum of 21
Academic & Business Head | Nurturer of Creative Souls | Pommy Mommy
- Human Capital Investments for achieving their Services Seta accreditation aided by #setaninja Margaret Barretto;
- Seed Solutions Academy for achieving their Services Seta accreditation with #setaninja Izelle Swart;
- ALX JHB for achieving their Services Seta accreditation with #setaninja Izelle Swart;
- Lethatsi (Pty) Ltd for achieving their WR Seta accreditation with #setaninja Al Stander;
- Wolfpack Information Risk (Pty) Ltd – https://wolfpackrisk.com/ – for achieving their MICT Seta accreditation with #setaninja Al Stander.
We were kept on the loop at all times…
We received timeous feedback continuously. Thrive’s service and support met our needs and was in line with our expectations. We were kept on the loop at all times and received timeous feedback continuously. Thrive managed the project well – they did all they could to ensure we got out our accreditation letter from MICT SETA. We would definitely recommend Thrive because we always get excellent service.
Wolfpack Information Risk (Pty) Ltd