IS YOUR SERVICES SETA ACCREDITATION EXPIRING?
This month’s focus is on assisting Services Seta clients in your move towards the QCTO 😊
How about the QCTO Office Supervisor qualification? Or Real Estate Agent? Project Manager? Marketing Co-ordinator? Or Commercial Cleaner? Or SP: New Venture Creation? We have a range of options that you can choose from…also check out www.QCTO.org.za for the complete list of QCTO Skills Programmes and Occupational Certificates available.
Watch our FREE WEBINAR that took place on 14th September where we went through the QCTO ins and outs, so you can be sure of the direction to take and what compliance criteria you can expect to ensure success – details below.
Alternatively, let’s explore it together in a one-on-one QCTO Consultation…..I’ve done 500+ QCTO consultations to date, I look forward to chatting to you too.
Let’s do this! New season, new phase…..how can we help?
Yours in Skills,
QCTO AND SETA NEWS
QCTO WORKSHOP ON THE ACCREDITATION PROCESS
DHET: SURVEY TO IDENTIFY OCCUPATIONS IN HIGH DEMAND, OCCUPATIONAL SHORTAGES, AND SKILLS GAPS IN SOUTH AFRICA
As part of their Labor Market Intelligence (LMI) research program, the Department of Higher Education and Training has commissioned research to create the list of Occupations in High Demand (OIHD) for 2023.
To participate in the survey click on this link.
Some bits and pieces from the Thrive school of hard knocks 😊
- Lots of new tech skills programmes on offer (how exciting!): C++, Java & Python, HTML and 5G…check them out here.
- Some QCTO skills programmes numbers have changed – for example Conflict Management and New Venture Creation. Please contact QCTO for a new accreditation letter if this affects you.
- We understand that the first aid skills programmes are hopefully going to be approved in September … finger’s crossed.
- QCTO confirmed with us that the Computer and Digital Support Assistant skills programme had been registered but was now sent back to MICT Seta for amending and fixing. We hope it will be back soon.
Join our free Friday QCTO titbit mailing list for the latest QCTO updates.
NATIONAL ARTISAN MODERATION BODY NOTICE
The National Artisan Moderation Body will no longer be accepting applications of skills development providers for legacy trades (pre-2009 qualifications) after 30 September 2023. An exception will be made only if an Occupational Certificate Qualification in the trade, registered on the OSQF, has not been registered yet. Read the notice here.
CHIETA RECOGNITION OF PRODUCT SPECIFIC TRAINING
As of 1 September 2023 the CHIETA ETQA will start recognising providers of product specific training. Any provider whose primary focus coincides with the Chieta vision 2025 target/range is eligible and encouraged to apply for recognition. For further clarity on the recognition contact Lindiwe Mazibuko on email@example.com.
TETA SECTOR SKILLS PLAN 2024/25 FEEDBACK SESSION
Teta will host its sector skills plan feedback sessions for their different chambers during September.
Click on this link to view dates.
INSETA EOI – SERVICE PROVIDER TO PARTNER WITH INSETA IN PROMOTING RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF INSURANCE
The Seta hereby notifies all PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA to submit quotations for the services in promoting research in the field of insurance and contribute to the INSETA Research Agenda.
SERVICES SETA SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS DATABASE REGISTRATION
The Services SETA is compiling a database of Subject Matter Experts for each of the sector’s registered occupational qualifications – if you’re a facilitator, assessor, moderator or workplace mentor and hope to assist with the implementation of occupational qualifications within the services sector, we encourage you to register on their database: SMEregistrations@serviceseta.org.za. More information can be seen here.
MICT SETA DISCRETIONARY GRANT WINDOW NOW OPEN
Constituent and eligible stakeholders within the MICT sub-sectors are invited to apply for discretionary grant funding. This grant is intended to meet the MICT sector needs as set out in the Sector Skills Plan (SSP), Strategic Plan and priorities outlined in the National Skills Development Plan.
Closing date: 30 September 2023, midnight.
For further information on the discretionary grant, visit the site.
Congratulations to the following organisations for achieving their Seta and QCTO accreditations in August 2023, and well done to our accreditation partners for making it happen:
- Kwanothemba Workshop for the disabled NPC, FP&M Seta accreditation. Thanks to accreditation partner Alida van Heerden.
- Select Services, QCTO accreditation for Occupational Certificate: Home Based Personal Care Worker. Thanks to accreditation partner Belinda Beer.
- The Fanaka Foundation NPC, QCTO accreditation for Occupational Skills Programme: New Venture. Thanks to accreditation partner Alida van Heerden.
- SA Accounting Academy, QCTO accreditation for Occupational Certificate: Bookkeeper. Thanks to accreditation partner Izelle Swart.
- PMG Training Academy, QCTO accreditation for Occupational Certificate: Project Manager and Marketing Coordinator. Thanks to accreditation partner Alida van Heerden.