What is QCTO Accreditation
To offer nationally recognised training, any Training Provider needs to be accredited by the QCTO. This stamp of approval indicates that the provider offers transferable, outcomes-based training, assessment & nationally recognised certification.
By using the services of a QCTO accredited training provider, you can be assured that learners are indeed gaining valuable knowledge and skills by participating in a relevant training and assessment intervention that they can competently apply in the workplace.
HOW CAN THRIVE ASSIST MY COMPANY TO BECOME QCTO ACCREDITED?
Thrive can manage and facilitate the Skills Development Provider (SDP) company and programme accreditation compliance, documentation and reporting systems between you and the QCTO.
We streamline the process so that the application is completed as efficiently and expediently as possible. At the same time, we use proven techniques and templates to improve and formalise quality management in your organisation.
Thrive will project manage and capacitate you throughout the process, to ensure smooth handover once you’re accredited…we will be with you throughout the process and at the site visit. We are so confident that we can help you that our last invoice is only payable once you have your accreditation!
Benefits of Accreditation
Affordability for companies that use your training programmes – they can capture your training on their mandatory and discretionary grant claims
Your clients can claim your training as part of their training spend, scoring valuable points in the SD portion of their BEE scorecard
Accreditation indicates that your training organisation offers high-quality training and assessment and has excellent management principles and processes in place
Transferable knowledge and nationally recognised certification for programmes aligned to the National Qualifications Framework
Formal recognition of training offered to employee – this will assist in career development, retention and overall transformation strategies.
Our accreditation service entails all or some of the following activities:
Quality Management System development.
- Full understanding of current tacit quality management within your organisation.
- Design and compilation of your training quality management system, including all necessary policies and procedures required by the QCTO for accreditation.
Accreditation Application File compilation.
- Quality controlling of company documents/policies and suggesting changes to ensure compliance with SAQA and QCTO criteria.
- Design of templates and evidence not currently in place in the organisation.
- Project planning and progress meetings.
- Liaison between the QCTO and the company where necessary.
- Completion and submission of the QCTO application for company and programme accreditation.
Registration of facilitators, assessors and moderators.
- All facilitators need to be registered against the programmes they offer.
- Assessors and moderators need to be registered with the relevant ETQA.
Alignment of programmes to the NQF.
- Research and suggestion of relevant qualifications and/or part qualifications (unit standards) in alignment with your training programmes.
- Sourcing of off-the-shelf or developed compliant materials.
- Assistance and support to your internal developers to ensure compliant materials that include:
- Learner Guide
- Facilitator Guide
- Formative Assessment Workbook
- Summative Assessment POE
- Assessor Guide
- Moderator Guide
- Structured curriculum including full alignment matrices.
Site visit co-ordination and facilitation.
- We will co-ordinate with the QCTO ensuring seamless evaluation of your application and evidence to the point of site visit scheduling.
- We will prepare you for your site visit to ensure your comfort and confidence.
- We will be with you at the site visit to facilitate any questions that may arise – we will be with you every step of the way!
- We will then follow up with the QCTO to the point at which you receive your QCTO accreditation report.
Making business sense of your accreditation.
- How to use your accreditation and all your marketing and company documentation to ensure a quick return on investment.
- How to ensure your frontline and sales staff use the accreditation to maximum benefit for your organisation.
- How to offer assessment services in a sensible and cost effective way.
- Workshops and mentoring offered to ensure full training provider ownership and maintenance of your accreditation status.
Complete, accurate and compliant accreditation application to the QCTO, ensuring a pain-free and simplified process and satisfactory result!