NEWSLETTER | 30 JULY 2018 | IT’S FINALLY TIME TO BREAK THE ICE
And what a time of ice-breaking it’s been…..from frozen fountains to hearing about the final direction that QCTO and Setas have taken on the re-registered legacy qualifications and their accreditation compliance requirements….it’s been a goose pimply and hair-raising time all round!
Clarity is a wonderful thing. And although we’re effecting some change and adjusting to the new environment here in the vocational education space…I have a sense that as much as everything changes, so too does it stay the same.
I smelt some beautiful Jasmine in the garden this morning….I hope you can smell it too 🙂
QCTO CHANGES – THE BOTTOM LINE
All unit standard-based (legacy) qualifications were re-registered on the 30th of June for a further 5-year period. We are in constant contact with the QCTO and Seta accreditation managers and have subsequently amended our Thrive service offerings, templates and internal processes to accommodate for these changes.
We are comfortable that we can competently assist you with any of these new QCTO-influenced compliance changes going forward.
Some other important points from the letter are listed below….you can find the full letter here
- During the specified 5-year period, the QCTO in collaboration with the QAPs (Setas) will finalise re-alignment or de-registration of Historically Registered Qualifications and skills programmes.
- Qualifications which have been re-registered may be de-registered before the end of the 5-year period.
- The Setas (Quality Assurance Partners – QAPs) will remain responsible for the accreditation applications for Skills Programmes and the implementation of Learnerships.
- As from 1st July 2018 all new applications to offer Historically Registered Qualifications and/or gazetted trades must be made directly to QCTO.
- A letter of intent must be submitted to the QCTO before applying to the QAP (Seta).
- The QCTO will acknowledge the letter and advise the SDP (Skills Development Provider – SDP) to either follow the QAP (SETA) accreditation process or to apply (through QCTO) for a registered Occupational Qualification which replaces the Historically Registered Qualification.
- The QAP (Seta) will complete the accreditation process and will send the outcome and recommendation to the QCTO. The accreditation letter will be issued by QCTO.
- The QAP (Seta) will conduct monitoring visits but may be accompanied by a QCTO representative.
- Final Integrated Summative Assessments (FISAs) for Historically Registered Qualifications will be phased in with voluntary QAPs (Setas).
- The QAPs (Setas) will issue certificates for Historically Registered Qualifications after the learner achievements have been quality assured by QCTO.
SETA ACCREDITATION MINI-WORKSHOP COMES TO CAPE TOWN
Our popular Seta accreditation mini-workshop is coming to Cape Town on the 16th of August 9h00 – 12h00. Cost is R650/delegate ex VAT.
Let me take you through the ins and outs of your Seta/QCTO accreditation application and compliance. There are so many varying ways to approach this…I’ll help you to answer how best to do that for your particular circumstances, as well as unpack the benefits of your accreditation to your clients…..ensuring you have all the insight and understanding that you need to be able to choose the best way forward for your application; alternatively, how to make the most of your current accreditation. Booking form and details can be found here.
Who should attend? Anyone considering or seeking Seta accreditation, sales teams within Seta accredited companies, administrators and those involved in the operations of accredited companies.
FOODBEV SETA DISCRETIONARY GRANT CALL FOR APPLICATIONS can be found here. Did you know that Thrive does DG applications at no direct cost to you? No grant awarded….no fees due! Can we help you with that?
“A note to thank you for your patience and impeccable standard of professionalism with an eye for detail. We never would have been able to come thus far without your guidance and wisdom. Thank you.”
Mary-Ann Prince – TTi Global
“I am over the moooooon!!! Soooo excited I’m on a high! Thank you for everything really appreciated. I’m still processing it all in. I will go through all the emails sent to me from you and Al and get back to you guys by Friday.”
Naheeda Shaik – Valucorp
“Thank you for the wonderful news. We are so grateful for the massive assistance you ladies have been in the accreditation process. We will see you both on the next one.”
Koketso Phiri – Katisho Training
“Success at last!!!! Our application has been approved. Please see attached. We are grateful for all your help and assistance. I will call you once I have had the opportunity to review the attachments. So excited!!! Once again many thanks to you and Al for your support and guidance in the accreditation process.”
Salifou Siddo – SME Tradelinks
“All services offered by Andrea were met by Thrive in a timely and professional manner. Without your assistance, we would not have made deadlines and possibly never received accreditation. The project was well managed, with suitable timelines and defined deliverables. Alida was helpful, informative and available to me – she was great! Always patient with my constant follow ups and understanding of the implications around our not making the deadline. I agree that Thrive’s consulting support is value for money, as it’s very difficult to put an actual price on subject expertise. We recommend Thrive without a doubt – we will continue to use your services for consultation in the future.”
Neil Kelham – First on Scene
“Thank you for your commitment to making this accreditation possible.”
Mahomed Adil – Fuelonline
A big congratulations to these Thrive clients who achieved their accreditation this month:
- Think Agile
Services Seta accreditation achieved, thank you to Alida!
- Industry training centre
Thank you to Al for assisting this company in attaining Services Seta accreditation.
Received their Services Seta accreditation thanks to Alida J
- TTi Globa
MerSeta accreditation achieved thanks to Margaret.
- CAD Academy
Attained their MICT Seta extension of scope, thank you Alida!
Attained their Seta accreditation with Services Seta thanks to Al.
Al assisted company to achieve Services Seta accreditation. Thank you!
- Katisho Training
Margaret assisted Katisho with their MerSeta accreditation – thank you!
- SME Tradelinks
Thank you, Al for sorting this Services Seta accreditation.
- First on Scene
Sent us wonderful feedback! Thank you Alida for sorting out this MerSeta accreditation.
- Skills Tech Solutions
Thanks to Margaret for ensuring they received their WR Seta extension of scope.
COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
Dates: 20 – 21 September 2018 (10% discount if booked and paid for by 6 September), 15 – 16 November 2018 (10% discount if booked and paid for by 1 November.)
Venue: Randburg, www.benvenuto.co.za
Click here to register | Click here for further information.
Keep warm and be on the watch-out for the first signs of Jasmine!
All the best in skills